Rapid Response Maskne Spray
Rapid Response Maskne Spray by Renée Rouleau is a multi-action soothing treatment that interrupts mask-related breakouts in their early stages by instantly reducing surface bacteria on the skin. With the same formulation as the Rapid Response Detox Toner, this spray includes pore-clearing AHA and BHA exfoliants and microbiome-balancing prebiotic sugar. With one spritz, it encourages a healthy ecosystem where “bad” bacteria won’t thrive. The result is clearer, calmer skin when using protective face masks.
Pair with Rapid Response Detox Cleanser for even more acne-fighting benefits. You can also take this to the next level and add the Rapid Response Detox Masque, the product that started the whole line. The Rapid Response Detox Masque is very effective for preventing the appearance of all types of breakouts, including cysts, pustules, papules, and monthly hormonal blemishes.
Size: 2 fl oz
Is this spray right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin type.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
- Back and body acne - discourages the appearance of blemishes and lifts away discoloration from scars.
- Ear care - apply to toning cloth or cotton pad and wipe the entire ear area to promote a smoother texture.
- Ingrown facial hairs - helps to reduce blocked hair follicles that lead to infection and discoloration.
- Raspberry Fruit - Seboxyl® (Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract/Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Leaf Extract) - organic plant extract blend that limits oxidation and blackhead formation, reduces oiliness, and soothes redness and irritation caused by breakouts.
Bioecolia® (Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide) - prebiotic (fermented polysaccharide) that prevents the proliferation of harmful microorganisms and boosts the growth of beneficial ones. Simply put, prebiotics encourage our skin to produce more "good" bacteria that can help balance the skin and fight acne.
- Tea Tree Oil - Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil - reduces microbial population on the skin’s surface to minimize breakouts.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil - eliminates surface bacteria within five minutes of application to discourage the formation of blemishes.
- Lactic acid - alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that provides a gentle exfoliation to break down dead cells that can lead to breakouts.
- Glycerin - moisture-binding humectant that prevents flaking and allows the skin to remain hydrated and moist.
- Betaine Salicylate (Salicylic Acid Complex) - exfoliating beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps clear and prevent clogged pores by breaking down sebum (oil). Lifts discoloration from blemish scarring.
- Propanediol - humectant that helps the skin retain moisture.
- SD Alcohol 40
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
How it Feels / Smells / Looks
- Light yellow in color with a minty, tea tree scent.
- Water, Propanediol, Betaine Salicylate (Salicylic Acid Complex), Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract/Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Leaf Extract, Lactic Acid, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, 4-Terpineol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Seed Extract. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How to Use
- Spray the skin under your mask every 4 hours. Let dry before putting mask on.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this spray differ from the Rapid Response Detox Toner?
This spray has the same formulation as the Rapid Response Detox Toner, yet it's packaged in a portable and convenient 2 fluid ounce spray bottle for easy application throughout the day.
- How Does this spray differ from the Rapid Response Detox Masque or Rapid Response Detox Cleanser? Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil and Tea Tree are the two ingredients that Rapid Response Detox Masque and Rapid Response Detox Cleanser have in common with this spray. The spray differs in that it offers advanced skin-smoothing exfoliation and more potent blackhead-clearing benefits. The addition of a prebiotic also promotes the growth of healthier bacteria to keep skin acting clear and calm.
- Why did you choose to use prebiotics in the spray rather than probiotics? We chose to use prebiotics instead of probiotics in order to ensure a safe and effective product. Using probiotics in skincare can be risky because you’re adding live microbes to a product, which can be difficult to control. Prebiotics still positively affect your skin’s microbiome without the risks and challenges associated with the preservation and storage of live microbes.
- Is this considered an exfoliating spray? No. While it does have two acids in the formula that give the skin various benefits, they are used in a small amount and not enough to act as a true exfoliator.
- Can I safely use an acid serum after using this spray or will that be too much? You can safely use this spray with other exfoliating products without a problem.
- Can I use this product if I’m pregnant? Probably not. This product uses salicylic acid which some doctors suggest avoiding during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor.
- Is this product vegan? Yes, Rapid Response Maskne Spray is vegan.
- What are the acid percentages in this toner? 2% Betaine Salicylate (a Salicylic Acid complex) and 0.3% lactic acid.
- What gives the toner its yellow color? We don't use any synthetic dyes. The golden yellow color comes from a combination of Bixa Orellana Seed Extract and Caramel.
- Can I use it if I have rosacea? Yes, this formula can be tolerated well by those who have been diagnosed with mild rosacea.
- Where can I buy this product? Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
- Is this product tested on animals? No.
- What is the pH level of this product? The pH level of Rapid Response Maskne Spray is 4.1.
- Where are your products made? Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
- I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type? Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
- I have questions about my skin, where can I get help? Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice.
- How does this spray differ from the Rapid Response Detox Toner?