Rapid Response Detox Cleanser by Renée Rouleau is formulated with a gentle yet powerful blend of antibacterial and oil-minimizing ingredients. This cleanser targets breakouts in their early stages, whether they are caused by hormonal imbalances, pollution, stress or any other occurrence. Unlike most acne-fighting cleansers, this one won't dry out your skin. The result? Skin will be reset and perfectly balanced, and blemishes and oil activity will be decreased.
For maximum results, leave this cleanser on the skin for up to five minutes. The longer a product with antimicrobial ingredients is left on the skin, the more pronounced the effects will be.
Pair with Rapid Response Detox Toner for even more acne-fighting benefits. You can also take this to the next level and add the Rapid Response Detox Masque, the product that started the whole line. The Rapid Response Detox Masque is very effective for preventing the appearance of all types breakouts, including cysts, pustules, papules, and monthly hormonal blemishes. All three are included in our Rapid Response Detox Kit.
Size: 6 fl oz
Is this cleanser right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau cleansers.
- Back and body acne - clears clogged pores and lifts away post-breakout discoloration.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
A hybrid between a cleansing lotion and cleansing gel. Yellow in color with a minty, tea tree scent.
- Kaolin - mineral clay that absorbs and minimizes excess oiliness to prevent breakouts caused by travel, hormonal imbalances, increased exposure to traffic pollution, stress or any other occurrence that causes our oil glands to become overactive.
- Tea Tree Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil - eliminates surface bacteria within five minutes of application to discourage the formation of blemishes.
- Tea Tree Oil - Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil - reduces microbial activity on the skin’s surface to minimize breakouts.
- Glycerin - moisture-binding humectant that prevents flaking and allows skin to remain hydrated and moist for its proper function.
- Lactic Acid - alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that provides a gentle exfoliation to break down dead cells that can lead to clogged pores.
Water, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Hydroxyproply Starch Phosphate, Kaolin, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Bentonite, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, Lactic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Galactoarabinan, Propanediol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Xanthan Gum, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Artemisia Herba-Alba Oil, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides / CI 77492. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Rapid Response Detox Cleanser to lessen blemish activity, apply a small amount to damp skin and massage in circular motions. Rinse well with lukewarm water and follow with toner. During times of increased breakout activity, leave cleanser on for five minutes before rinsing off to get maximum effects. Use daily. Avoid the eye area.
How does this cleanser differ from the Rapid Response Detox Masque?
Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil and Tea Tree are the two ingredients that Rapid Response Detox Masque and this cleanser have in common. The masque was created as a leave-on treatment to force active ingredients deeper into the skin while simultaneously providing hydration, whereas the cleanser's main purpose is to cleanse away dirt, oil and debris from the skin.
Where does the yellow color come from?
It is from a specially treated form of yellow iron oxides.
What is the acid percentage in this cleanser?
0.75% lactic acid.
Can I use this product if I’m pregnant?
Yes. You can safely use this cleanser while pregnant or breastfeeding to keep blemishes from appearing.
Is this product vegan?
Yes, Rapid Response Detox Cleanser is vegan.
Can I use this product if I have rosacea?
Yes. This formula can be tolerated well by those who have been diagnosed with mild rosacea.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Rapid Response Detox Cleanser is 5.0.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
- JSJaqui S.Verified BuyerAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores, Aging, Sensitive15 hours agoAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores, Aging, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsFavorite cleanser
Love all the Rapid Response products
- LPLourdes P.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Oily, Sensitive, Clogged Pores2 months agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Oily, Sensitive, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsMy favorite cleanser
This cleanser keeps my acne prone skin balanced. It is truly one of my favorites from Renee.
- KKristenAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive2 months agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, SensitiveRated 2 out of 5 starsDamaged Pump
Hi there. I received my product yesterday and was disappointed to see that it was leaking from the bottle, the top of the box was squashed, and the pump seems to not work all that well. It's making a mess when I try to get a pump or two out to wash my face. I was really excited to get this and try it after reading the reviews, but now I am not that excited.Renée Rouleau Skin Care2 months ago
Hi, Kristen. Thank you so much for letting us know! I'm so sorry to hear your cleanser was delivered this way!
While we trust our carriers to deliver our products with great care, they may take on some damage in transit on rare occasions. I've processed an order for a new pump and cleanser, which should ship today! You should receive an email confirmation and a separate tracking email shortly.
Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and for the opportunity to make it right! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!
-The RR Customer Care Team 💙
- LALisa A.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores, Sensitive3 months agoAge Range 55 - 64Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores, SensitiveRated 2 out of 5 starsSo far not much to report….
I like the smell and texture of this cleanser but not much in the way of results.Renée Rouleau Skin Care3 months ago
Hey, Lisa! Thank you very much for leaving a review! Since you only received this product two weeks ago, I encourage you to continue using it. In this blog post, Renée explains how long you can expect to see results based on the key ingredients in the formula > https://blog.reneerouleau.com/how-long-for-skincare-to-work/
Especially for those struggling with acne, it isn't uncommon to see an increase in breakouts before they subside. This is actually a good thing, as the congestion that may have taken weeks or months to surface is being purged out more quickly, thanks to cell turnover. After about 2-3 more weeks of continued use, alongside the Chin Breakout Treatment kit you purchased, you should notice a significant difference in your breakout frequency and intensity!
Should you need assistance filling any other gaps in your AM or PM routines, or wish to discuss other products you're using with our esthetician, send us an email at email@example.com or chat with us on the website anytime!
-The RR Customer Care Team 💙
- KPkennedy p.Verified BuyerAge Range Under 18Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Clogged Pores4 months agoAge Range Under 18Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat skin cleanser
Love all the renee rouleau products. cleanser is great