Rapid Response Detox Toner
Rapid Response Detox Toner goes to work immediately to clear clogged pores and reduce oil while improving the skin’s natural moisture barrier.
Rapid Response Detox Toner by Renée Rouleau is a multi-action treatment that interrupts breakouts in their early stages by instantly reducing surface bacteria on the skin. This toner also helps skin recover more quickly from blemishes. AHA and BHA exfoliants help limit blackhead formation and clear clogged pores. The addition of a soothing, prebiotic sugar helps balance the skin’s microbiome, encouraging a healthy ecosystem where “bad” bacteria won’t thrive. The result? Skin will be clear, calm, smooth and hydrated. Pair with Rapid Response Detox Cleanser for even more acne-fighting benefits. You can also take this to the next level and add the Rapid Response Detox Masque, the product that started the whole line. The Rapid Response Detox Masque is very effective for preventing the appearance of all types breakouts, including cysts, pustules, papules, and monthly hormonal blemishes. All three are included in our Rapid Response Detox Kit.
Size: 6 fl oz
Is this toner right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin type.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau toners.
- Back and body acne - discourages the appearance of blemishes.
- Ear care - apply to toning cloth or cotton pad and wipe the entire ear area to promote a smoother texture.
- Ingrown facial hairs - helps to reduce blocked hair follicles that lead to infection and discoloration.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
Light yellow in color with a minty, tea tree scent.
- Raspberry Fruit - Seboxyl® (Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract/Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Leaf Extract) - organic plant extract blend that limits oxidation and blackhead formation, reduces oiliness and soothes redness and irritation caused by breakouts.
- Bioecolia® (Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide) - prebiotic (fermented polysaccharide) that prevents the proliferation of harmful microorganisms and boosts the growth of beneficial ones. Simply put, prebiotics encourage our skin to produce more "good" bacteria that can help balance the skin and fight acne.
- Tea Tree Oil - Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil - reduces microbial population on the skin’s surface to minimize breakouts.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil - eliminates surface bacteria within five minutes of application to discourage the formation of blemishes.
- Lactic acid - alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that provides a gentle exfoliation to break down dead cells that can lead to breakouts.
- Glycerin - moisture-binding humectant that prevents flaking and allows the skin to remain hydrated and moist.
- Betaine Salicylate (Salicylic Acid Complex) - exfoliating beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that helps clear and prevent clogged pores by breaking down sebum (oil).
- Propanediol - humectant that helps the skin retain moisture.
Water, Propanediol, Betaine Salicylate (Salicylic Acid Complex), Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract/Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Leaf Extract, Lactic Acid, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, 4-Terpineol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Seed Extract. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Rapid Response Detox Toner to lessen blemish activity, apply to toning cloth and wipe over entire face after cleansing. Leave damp and immediately follow with serum and moisturizer. For most, this toner is gentle enough to be used day and night. Avoid the eye area.
Sunburn Alert: This product contains an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunburn. Wear sun protection daily and discontinue use prior to spending time directly in the sun.
How does this toner differ from the Rapid Response Detox Masque or Rapid Response Detox Cleanser?
Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil and Tea Tree are the two ingredients that Rapid Response Detox Masque and Rapid Response Detox Cleanser have in common with this toner. The toner differs in that it offers more potent blackhead-clearing benefits. The addition of a prebiotic also promotes the growth of healthier bacteria to keep skin acting clear and calm.
Why did you choose to use prebiotics in the toner rather than probiotics?
We chose to use prebiotics instead of probiotics in order to ensure a safe and effective product. Using probiotics in skincare can be risky because you’re adding live microbes to a product, which can be difficult to control for. Prebiotics still positively affect your skin’s microbiome without the risks and challenges associated with preservation and storage of live microbes.
Is this toner considered an exfoliating toner?
No. While it does have two acids in the formula that give the skin various benefits, they are used in a small amount and not enough to act as a true exfoliator.
Can I safely use an acid serum after using this toner or will that be too much?
You can safely use this toner with other exfoliating products without a problem.
Can I use this product if I’m pregnant?
Probably not. This product uses salicylic acid which some doctors suggest avoiding during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor.
Is this product vegan?
Yes, Rapid Response Detox Toner is vegan.
What is the acid percentages in this toner?
2% Betaine Salicylate (a Salicylic Acid complex) and 0.3% lactic acid.
What gives the toner its yellow color?
We don't use any synthetic dyes. The golden yellow color comes from a combination of Bixa Orellana Seed Extract and Caramel.
Can I use it if I have rosacea?
Yes, this formula can be tolerated well by those who have been diagnosed with mild rosacea.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Rapid Response Detox Toner is 4.1.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice.
- WBWendy B.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Sensitive19 hours agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsBEST toner
Fantastic toner that does not dry out your skin, in fact I find it quite hydrating.
- SLShelby L.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive1 month agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsSaved my skin!
This in combination with the Rapid Response Detox Cleanser made such a huge difference with my skin. I have sensitive, dehydrated, and acne prone skin and this has cleared up just about all of my breakouts. I noticed a big difference in the first month or so of using it, but now after about three months I only get breakouts once a month and they go away quickly.
- HDHannah D.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Dull, Acne Prone, Aging, Clogged Pores, Sensitive6 months agoAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Dull, Acne Prone, Aging, Clogged Pores, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsFavorite toner
I love this toner and how well it works on my skin
- LCLindsay C.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Aging6 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, AgingRated 5 out of 5 starsImportant step!
Love this toner. Works great with the toning cloths so you don't use more than you really need.
- NBNatalie B.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 446 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Rated 5 out of 5 starsFast acting
Works quick without leaving my face red or over dry