Post-Breakout Fading Gel
Post-Breakout Fading Gel by Renée Rouleau uses a blend of gentle brighteners and exfoliating acids to lift discoloration and fade stubborn acne marks. Traditional blemishes usually last 5-7 days but the red, dark or purple scar leftover (made worse if you picked at it) can linger for weeks—or even months. You'll see a dramatically noticeable improvement in promoting even-toned skin with continued use. In our independent study, volunteers who tested this acne scar treatment found when they used Post-Breakout Fading Gel every day for 30 days, they got approximately a 50% quicker recovery than when using nothing at all. (When compared to blemishes that occurred at the same time, but were not treated with the product.) The result? Clearer and more even-toned skin by Renée Rouleau. Fading results will vary based on the severity of the blemish and intensity of picking. A blemish scar is caused by an injury to the skin so it does take a considerable amount of time to heal but this product will definitely encourage a quicker recovery.
Read tips for how to fade acne scars and marks fast.
Looking for our most comprehensive solution for breakouts? Shop our Zit Care Kit, complete with everything you need to tackle blemishes at every stage.
Size: 0.5 fl oz
"This product is a big relief for acne scars."
Is this acne spot treatment right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau acne spot treatments.
- Mosquito and ant bites - alleviates itching, swelling and redness as well as lifting discoloration.
"Her skin care line works wonders."
— ELLE MAGAZINE
- White Tea Extract - anti-inflammatory tea to soothe signs of redness and irritation.
- Lactic/Amino Acid Complex - exfoliating AHA to provide cellular turnover with minimum irritation.
- Glycolic/Amino Acid Complex - exfoliating AHA with minimum discomfort.
- Sea Whip Extract - anti-inflammatory, soothing agent.
- SD Alcohol 40 / Denatured Alcohol
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
This product is not tested on animals. We are certified with Leaping Bunny as a cruelty-free company.
How it Feels / Smells / Looks
- This off-white gel is a thin liquid with a subtle scent of citrus. Our airless packaging allows light and air to stay away from the product ensuring maximum stability and effectiveness.
- Water, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Pentylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sea Whip Extract, Xanthan Gum, Ilex Paraguariensis (Mate) Leaf Extract, Peg-8/SMDI Copolymer, Paullinia Cupana (Guarana) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Dimethiconol, Arginine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Dimethicone, Cola (Kola) Nitida Seed Extract, Bentonite, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glycerin, Sodium Carbomer To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How to Use
- It's very important to only use this product on blemishes that are entirely healed (with no scab or flakiness present). After performing your regular nighttime routine, take a damp tissue or cotton swab and wipe the area clean where you want to apply the Post-Breakout Fading Gel. Wipe a very thin layer to dark mark and leave on overnight. Use up to four nights a week until desired results are achieved. Results will vary based on the severity of the blemish and the intensity of picking. If you're currently using one of our exfoliating acid serums at night, we suggest applying your regular acid serum as usual to your skin and follow with moisturizer. Then, immediately wipe the scarred area with a damp cotton swab to wipe away previously applied products. You'll then apply a very thin layer of Post-Breakout Fading Gel. (Note: Our exfoliating acid serums DO help fade post-breakout marks, but this gel will work better so that's why we tell you to wipe the area and get this gel on the area instead.) It's recommended to use Post-Breakout Fading Gel no more than four nights a week since a scarred area is delicate and you don't want to cause irritation. If redness or irritation occurs, cut back on usage or discontinue completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use this product if I'm pregnant? Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- How can I use this product if I'm also using one of your exfoliating acid serums? Since this product uses exfoliating acids, you must be careful to use it as directed. If you're currently using one of our exfoliating acid serums, we suggest applying your acid serum as usual to your skin and follow with moisturizer. Then, immediately wipe the scarred area with a damp cotton swab to wipe away previously applied products. You'll then apply a very thin layer of Post-Breakout Fading Gel. (Note: Our exfoliating acid serums DO help fade post-breakout marks, but this gel will work better.) It's recommended to use this gel no more than four nights a week as a scarred area is delicate and you don't want to cause irritation. If redness or irritation occurs, cut back on usage or discontinue completely.
- Where can I buy this product? Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com and in our Plano, Texas skincare spa.
- Is this product tested on animals? No. We are certified with Leaping Bunny as a cruelty-free company.
- What is the pH level of this product? The pH level of Post Breakout Fading Gel is 3.6.
- Where are your products made? Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
- I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type? Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
- I have questions about my skin, where can I get help? Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!