AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser
AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser by Renée Rouleau is formulated to reduce acne, bumps, blackheads and clogged pores while lifting away red discoloration and scarring left over from blemishes. This non-drying, sulfate-free, deep pore cleansing gel face wash for sensitive skin uses a powerful blend of salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids along with gentle biodegradable jojoba beads for effective exfoliation and incredible smoothing—without leaving the skin feeling tight, dry or irritated. Allure Magazine winner for "Best Cleanser for Oily/Problem Skin". Recommended for teens, adults or anyone struggling with breakouts. The result? Clearer-looking skin with fewer breakouts and clogged pores. Rapid Response Detox Masque makes a perfect companion to this cleanser due to its excellent breakout-reducing, pore-clearing properties.
Size: 6 fl oz
"Best Cleanser for Oily/Acne Prone Skin."
— ALLURE MAGAZINE (BEST OF BEAUTY AWARD WINNER)
Is this cleanser right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau cleansers.
- Back or chest acne - use with a loofah daily to clear blemishes and lift discoloration and scarring.
- Ingrown facial hairs - reduces trapped hair follicles.
"I love that it doesn't leave the skin feeling dry and it helps me combat pesky breakouts."
— TEMPTALIA BEAUTY BLOG
- Salicylic Acid - exfoliating BHA to clear acne-causing congestion from deep within the pores.
- Lactic Acid - exfoliating AHA to fade post-breakout scarring.
- Algae Extract - Hawaiian Red Marine Algae - gives comforting hydration to sensitive, irritated skin.
- Mangosteen Peel Extract- natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Papain - Papaya Fruit Extract - enzyme to reveal brighter skin.
- Jojoba Esters - Jojoba Beads (Biodegradable) - gentle skin polisher to lift discoloration.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Plastic Beads
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
How it Feels / Smells / Looks
- This product smells of citrus and has small, delicate beads that give this smooth gel a silky texture.
- Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer (thickening agent), Jojoba Esters (Biodegradable beads derived from the jojoba shrub), Sodium PCA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Peel Extract, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract (Hawaiian Red Marine Algae), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Glycol Distearate, Steareth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How to Use
- To effectively use AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser to deep clean clogged pores and fade discolored acne scars: apply a small amount to damp skin. Rub in circular motions for 30 seconds and rinse well with lukewarm water. Pat skin dry and immediately follow with an alcohol-free toner, serum and moisturizer for your skin type.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use this product if I'm pregnant? Probably not. This product contains salicylic acid, which many doctors suggest avoid using during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for their recommendation. A great alternative is our Rapid Response Detox Cleanser. This cleanser has potent acne-fighting properties and is safe to use during pregnancy.
- Where can I buy this product? Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
- Is this product tested on animals? No.
- What is the pH level of this product? The pH level of AHA/BHA is 6.5 - 6.7.
- Where are your products made? Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
- I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type? Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
- I have questions about my skin, where can I get help? Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!