Daily Mattifying Solution
Great for skin types:
- 1 ,
Daily Mattifying Solution is a lightweight gel moisturizer and mattifying primer for oily skin that clears irritation while reducing excess shine and breakouts.
Daily Mattifying Solution is an advanced treatment lotion and mattifying primer that corrects and regulates sebum to visibly reduce excess oil and shine while preventing the formation of clogged pores, bumps and breakouts. This formula uses the perfect blend of natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients along with comforting hydrators to keep the skin balanced, clear and with fewer visible blemishes. The result? Clearer, calmer skin with less visible oil by Renée Rouleau.
Size: 2 fl oz
Is this moisturizer right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau moisturizers.
- Back or chest acne - keeps pores clean to prevent clogged pores and blemishes.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
A light green colored silky gel with a fresh, medicinal scent. This absorbs easily leaving the skin feeling clean and smooth.
- Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis Virginiana) - astringent, anti-inflammatory shine reducer.
- Totarol - anti-bacterial, anti-microbial for lessening breakout activity.
- Honeysuckle Flower Extract - soothes redness and irritation.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - hydrates and balances oily skin.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Totarol, Sodium Hyaluronate (L), Phenyl T-Butylnitrone (Spin Trap), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Oil, Santalum Austrocaledonicum (Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor) Bark Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Chlorophyll, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Alcohol, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Carbomer, Alcohol Denat., Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Daily Mattifying Solution to reduce oil and breakout activity, apply a thin layer to freshly washed skin. For enhanced results, apply a treatment serum underneath. Use daily under sunscreen or as your night time moisturizer.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Daily Mattifying Solution is 5.4 (+/-0.2).
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- MMaryVerified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Sensitive, Oily, Clogged Pores, Dull3 months agoAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Sensitive, Oily, Clogged Pores, DullRated 5 out of 5 starsLife saver
This product is a miracle. I'm 50 and still get a very oily t zone, but with dehydration over it. This manages the oil and hydrates a bit as well. A life saver especially in the summer when skin gets oiler due to heat and humidity. Also has a calming effect on my sensitive skin. After using for 3 weeks my skin is clear and even looking with no redness.
- LDLauren D.Verified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Aging, Sun Damaged, Clogged Pores8 months agoAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Aging, Sun Damaged, Clogged PoresRated 4 out of 5 starsLiking this a lot
The texture is like a gel and is easy to apply but absorbs quickly. I have found applying one area at a time is maybe the best option for me. Initially my skin feels like it is tight but that is temporary. My tinted sunscreen, that I wear as make up, applies easily and my skin looks great. I feel my pores are less congested and that my skin looks smoother using this product.
- SASamantha A.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Dry, Sensitive, Acne Prone, Aging, Oily8 months agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Dry, Sensitive, Acne Prone, Aging, OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsNice feeling and does help matify a bit
I think this will help with my super oily skin the more I use it and the more my skin adjusts to it. Goes on well under makeup.
- VVaraVerified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Oily, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone1 year agoAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Oily, Clogged Pores, Acne ProneRated 5 out of 5 starsReal mattifying
I used to hate putting on moisturizer because in under 1 hour, i will start to look like a greased pan. Since i am older, i started to look for moisturizer. Spent a lot of dollars on my search. Face still looked like greased pan. Until i decided to try this Daily Mattifying Solution. My face gets oily at the end of the day but i dont look like a greased pan anymore. This one is a keeper!
- JJessVerified ReviewerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Red, Acne Prone, Sensitive, Oily1 year agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Red, Acne Prone, Sensitive, OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat For Body Acne
My skin overproduces sebum not only on my face but nearly my whole body. In the summer with sweat added in my battle with body acne is a constant and losing one. One big problem is that I still need to moisturize, especially if I'm using any kind of toner or treatment, because if I don't my skin is only too eager to do it for me with extra sebum and continue the cycle of clogged pores. I could never find a body lotion that wasn't too heavy or full of butters and oils, or else medicated and contradictorily drying. I got this mattifying solution for my face, but when it didn't play well with my makeup I tried it on my chest and back, and voila! The perfect body lotion. Unfortunately then I was using it on a far bigger area than it was meant for so the tube didn't last very long, but I may have to keep one on hand this summer for the very worst of body breakouts.