AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser by Renée Rouleau is formulated to reduce acne, bumps, blackheads and clogged pores while lifting away red discoloration and scarring left over from blemishes. This non-drying, sulfate-free, deep pore cleansing gel face wash for sensitive skin uses a powerful blend of salicylic, lactic and glycolic acids along with gentle biodegradable jojoba beads for effective exfoliation and incredible smoothing—without leaving the skin feeling tight, dry or irritated. Allure Magazine winner for "Best Cleanser for Oily/Problem Skin". Recommended for teens, adults or anyone struggling with breakouts. The result? Clearer-looking skin with fewer breakouts and clogged pores. Rapid Response Detox Masque makes a perfect companion to this cleanser due to its excellent breakout-reducing, pore-clearing properties.
Size: 6 fl oz
Is this cleanser right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau cleansers.
- Back or chest acne - use with a loofah daily to clear blemishes and lift discoloration and scarring.
- Ingrown facial hairs - reduces trapped hair follicles.
- Plastic Beads
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
This product smells of citrus and has small, delicate beads that give this smooth gel a silky texture.
- Salicylic Acid - exfoliating BHA to clear acne-causing congestion from deep within the pores.
- Lactic Acid - exfoliating AHA to fade post-breakout scarring.
- Algae Extract - Hawaiian Red Marine Algae - gives comforting hydration to sensitive, irritated skin.
- Mangosteen Peel Extract- natural anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Papain - Papaya Fruit Extract - enzyme to reveal brighter skin.
- Jojoba Esters - Jojoba Beads (biodegradable) - gentle skin polisher to lift discoloration.
Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer (thickening agent), Jojoba Esters (Biodegradable beads derived from the jojoba shrub), Sodium PCA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Peel Extract, Ahnfeltiopsis Concinna (Hawaiian Red Marine Algae) Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Glycol Distearate, Steareth-4, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use AHA/BHA Blemish Control Cleanser to deep clean clogged pores and fade discolored acne scars, apply a small amount to damp skin. Rub in circular motions for 30 seconds and rinse well with lukewarm water. Pat skin dry and immediately follow with an alcohol-free toner, serum and moisturizer for your skin type.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Probably not. This product contains salicylic acid, which many doctors suggest avoid using during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for their recommendation. A great alternative is our Rapid Response Detox Cleanser. This cleanser has potent acne-fighting properties and is safe to use during pregnancy.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of AHA/BHA is Blemish Control Cleanser is 6.5 - 6.7.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- PMPam M.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Acne Prone, Aging, Sun Damaged, Sensitive1 month agoAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Acne Prone, Aging, Sun Damaged, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsLove it
It’s the only cleanser that has worked for me long term. I have had adult acne for years ( I’m almost 60) and now I hardly get a blemish
- TGTaylor G.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34My Skin is Sensitive1 month agoAge Range 25 - 34My Skin is SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsAmazing cleanser
I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is my holy grail cleanser.
- KRKerri R.Verified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Aging, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone, Sun Damaged4 months agoAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Aging, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone, Sun DamagedRated 5 out of 5 starsNo More Breakouts
I'm 47 and have had breakout prone skin since my teens, plus periods of cystic breakouts with the hormonal changes of my '40s. Not anymore. This is the only cleanser that has almost completely cleared my skin. The little scrubbing beads keep my pores clean, and the gentle foaming takes care of oil. I've been using this product for about six months and am truly grateful for what I see in the mirror.
- DPDiane P.Verified BuyerAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Irritated, Red, Clogged Pores5 months agoAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Irritated, Red, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsBlemish control cleanser
I am so glad I took the skin type test to get an idea of what type I am. This was recommended for my type, and it is wonderful as it evens out my skin tone and takes away all the built-up dirt.
- WBWillow B.Verified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 2My Skin is Dull, Sun Damaged, Aging, Clogged Pores5 months agoAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 2My Skin is Dull, Sun Damaged, Aging, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsA favorite!
I have been using this cleanser for years. My 45 year old skin can be drier and have fine lines, but also prone to breakouts/congestion in warmer months and this cleanser keeps it in check. Always feels clean and smooth afterward, never drying and I really like it after the balm cleanser to wash away that filmy after feel.