BHA Clarifying Serum
BHA Clarifying Serum by Renée Rouleau uses a powerful blend of time-released Lactic, Glycolic and Salicylic Acids to clear clogged pores, lift blemish scarring and red marks, lessen oil production and reduce acne-causing bacteria—without causing irritation. Pores will be cleaner and appear less bumpy and you'll see a dramatically noticeable improvement in your skin's clarity and texture (even over other salicylic creams), with continued use. Ideal for even the most sensitive skin types. The result? Smoother, clearer and more even-toned skin with fewer visible blemishes.
Size: 0.5 fl oz
"BHA Clarifying Serum is a miracle product and I use it to keep my skin clear. I'll wake up the next morning and literally have no pores."
- DEMI LOVATO, GRAMMY-NOMINATED SINGER
Is this exfoliant right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau exfoliants.
- Back or chest acne - keeps pores clean to prevent clogged pores and blemishes while lifting discoloration and scarring.
- BHA Salicylic Acid Complex - 3% Betaine Salicylate absorbs deep within pore lining to clear clogging and congestion with an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Meadowsweet Extract - controls excess oil production.
- Silver Ear Mushroom - gives hydration and immune-enhancing protection to sensitive, acne-prone skin.
- 4% Glycolic Acid (AHA) - lifts discoloration to make skin more even-toned.
- 4% Lactic Acid (AHA) - gentle skin smoothing and improve barrier defense.
"The secret to troubled skin is Renée Rouleau BHA Clarifying Serum."
- TEEN VOGUE
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
How it Feels / Smells / Looks
- This silky, gel serum is a pale yellow color with a slight medicinal scent.
- Water, Pentylene Glycol, Panthenol, Glycolic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol (pH adjuster), Lactic Acid, Betaine Salicylate (Salicylic Acid), PEG-8 Dimethicone, Arginine, Tremella Fuciformis (Silver Ear Mushroom) Polysaccharide, Licorice (Glycyrrbiza Inflata) Root Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet), Extract, Allantoin, Zinc PCA, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Butylene Glycol (water-binding humectant), Xanthan Gum. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How to Use
- To effectively use BHA Clarifying Serum to reduce oil, lift discoloration and lessen blemishes, apply 1-2 pumps to entire face after cleansing and toning. Follow with a moisturizer for your skin type. Depending on the condition of your skin's barrier, a tingling sensation may or may not occur but is not an indicator of product effectiveness. Use for three nights on, three nights off, with a Renée Rouleau hydrating skin serum (view our collection) on alternate nights. Sunburn Alert: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) and a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunburn. Wear sun protection daily and discontinue use prior to spending time directly in the sun.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use this product if I'm pregnant? Probably not. This product contains salicylic acid, which many doctors suggest avoid using during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for their recommendation.
- Where can I buy this product? Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
- Is this product tested on animals? No.
- What is the pH level of this product? The pH level of BHA Clarifying Serum is 3.7.
- Where are your products made? Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
- I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type? Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
- I have questions about my skin, where can I get help? Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!