Anti Bump Solution (formerly named Anti Cyst Treatment)
Anti Bump Solution (formerly named Anti Cyst Treatment) is a potent topical cystic acne serum to visibly reduce the appearance of acne, blemishes and painful bumps that form deep within the skin.
Anti Bump Solution (formerly named Anti Cyst Treatment) by Renée Rouleau is a powerful spot treatment formulated to provide a quick recovery for reducing visible inflammation of stubborn cystic acne bumps that develop deep within the skin and can linger for weeks—or even months. When used immediately on a newly formed cyst, most will find they get a 50% quicker recovery (if not faster) than when using nothing at all. This revolutionary product has 30+ years of proven results and has completely replaced the need for expensive cortisone injections for many of its users. If you struggle with large, painful blemishes and bumps, this safe and proven acne treatment is definitely for you. The result? Clearer skin with less visible bumps and cysts under the skin.
For cyst and bump sufferers, we also highly recommend using Vitamin C&E Treatment daily under sunscreen and Post-Breakout Fading Gel as a spot treatment to fade the dark marks that stubborn cysts can leave behind for weeks or even months to reveal brighter, more even-toned skin. Rapid Response Detox Masque is very effective for preventing the appearance of all types breakouts, including cysts, pustules, papules, and monthly hormonal blemishes. It is included in our Rapid Response Detox Kit. If your breakouts are predominantly on the chin and jawline area, check out our Chin Breakout Treatment Kit.
Note: Cysts should never be picked at since they develop and heal deep within the skin and are not meant to come out the surface. Avoid picking and instead apply Anti Bump Solution. It's a lot easier to conceal a closed bump with makeup than an oozing scab. Read 8 tips for preventing chin and jawline breakouts.
Looking for our most comprehensive solution for spot treating breakouts? Shop our Zit Care Kit, complete with everything you need to tackle blemishes at every stage.
Size: 0.5 fl oz
Is this acne spot treatment right for you?
This product is recommended for each of our nine skin types. Learn about the 30+ year history of Anti Bump Solution.
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn how to best care for your skin and get customized product recommendations.
See all Renée Rouleau acne spot treatments.
- Infected ingrown hairs - reduces visible inflammation from trapped hair follicles for both men and women.
- New blemishes that have not come to a head - reduces visible inflammation and encourages a quicker recovery for regular surface blemishes.
- Chest or back - reduces the appearance of painful cysts quickly.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
This product is a thin colorless liquid and dries clear. Scent is very medicinal.
Water, Methyl Gluceth-20 (water-binding humectant that facilitates penetration of the acid and alcohol), Ethyl Lactate (Lactic Acid), Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol (antimicrobial preservative), Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin (skin conditioner), Sodium Hydroxide. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Anti Bump Solution to reduce the appearance of cystic acne and blemishes, apply one drop to clean skin as soon as cyst becomes visible. When used in the morning or evening, first perform your regular routine. Next, take a damp tissue or Q-tip and wipe the affected area clean before applying. Anti Bump Solution should be applied as the last step. Use day or night until the bump is no longer visible. This treatment can be effective for older cysts that are still lingering under the skin.
Sunburn Alert: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunburn. Wear sun protection daily and discontinue use prior to spending time directly in the sun.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Anti Bump Solution is 4.4.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- VDviviane d.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Sun Damaged, Acne ProneYesterdayAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Sun Damaged, Acne ProneRated 5 out of 5 starsThis gel is the bomb !!
Whenever I feel a breakout coming on, I apply a small dab on it twice a day and it miraculously goes away. As a former acne victim in my distant past, I get pop-up sometimes and this solution is like nothing I ever used before - and believe me I have used plenty. What I love is that the problem area recedes and I never get a scar from a pimple or whitehead coming to the surface and popping. Rene Rouleau .. where have you been all of my life !!!
- TBTaylor B.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Oily6 days agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsWorth the price tag
Works faster than anything I’ve tried on my cystic bumps. Just wish they would go away permanently.
- TMTheresa M.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Dry, Acne Prone1 week agoAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Dry, Acne ProneRated 5 out of 5 starsA WOW product!
I became a cystic acne girl in my late 50's with Covid - I'm a nurse and the masks rubbing along my jawline saw to that! This Solution was a miracle worker. My daughter is a fan too as I got her some for her cysts. It's been a staple for us for the past several years!
- EPElizabeth P.Verified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Oily, Aging, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone1 week agoAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Oily, Aging, Clogged Pores, Acne ProneRated 4 out of 5 starsDefinitely helps
Terrific tool for deep cysts. Helps me be patient and leave spots alone. Great for face and back. Highly recommend as a staple product (though I often “chase” it with some BHA serum)
- JSJaqui S.Verified BuyerAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores, Aging, Sensitive1 week agoAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores, Aging, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsLove!
Love that this is not drying but clears bumps !