Anti Bump Solution (formerly named Anti Cyst Treatment)
Anti Bump Solution (formerly named Anti Cyst Treatment) is a potent topical cystic acne serum to visibly reduce the appearance of acne, blemishes and painful bumps that form deep within the skin.
Anti Bump Solution (formerly named Anti Cyst Treatment) by Renée Rouleau is a powerful spot treatment formulated to provide a quick recovery for reducing visible inflammation of stubborn cystic acne bumps that develop deep within the skin and can linger for weeks—or even months. When used immediately on a newly formed cyst, most will find they get a 50% quicker recovery (if not faster) than when using nothing at all. This revolutionary product has 30+ years of proven results and has completely replaced the need for expensive cortisone injections for many of its users. If you struggle with large, painful blemishes and bumps, this safe and proven acne treatment is definitely for you. The result? Clearer skin with less visible bumps and cysts under the skin.
For cyst and bump sufferers, we also highly recommend using Vitamin C&E Treatment daily under sunscreen and Post-Breakout Fading Gel as a spot treatment to fade the dark marks that stubborn cysts can leave behind for weeks or even months to reveal brighter, more even-toned skin. Rapid Response Detox Masque is very effective for preventing the appearance of all types breakouts, including cysts, pustules, papules, and monthly hormonal blemishes. It is included in our Rapid Response Detox Kit. If your breakouts are predominantly on the chin and jawline area, check out our Chin Breakout Treatment Kit.
Note: Cysts should never be picked at since they develop and heal deep within the skin and are not meant to come out the surface. Avoid picking and instead apply Anti Bump Solution. It's a lot easier to conceal a closed bump with makeup than an oozing scab. Read 8 tips for preventing chin and jawline breakouts.
Looking for our most comprehensive solution for spot treating breakouts? Shop our Zit Care Kit, complete with everything you need to tackle blemishes at every stage.
Size: 0.5 fl oz
Is this acne spot treatment right for you?
This product is recommended for each of our nine skin types. Learn about the 30+ year history of Anti Bump Solution.
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn how to best care for your skin and get customized product recommendations.
See all Renée Rouleau acne spot treatments.
- Infected ingrown hairs - reduces visible inflammation from trapped hair follicles for both men and women.
- New blemishes that have not come to a head - reduces visible inflammation and encourages a quicker recovery for regular surface blemishes.
- Chest or back - reduces the appearance of painful cysts quickly.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
This product is a thin colorless liquid and dries clear. Scent is very medicinal.
- Lactic Acid* - Ethyl Lactate (purified form of lactic acid ester) - purifies within pore to clear and calm visible cysts and bumps.
- Methyl Gluceth 20 - reduces visible redness and inflammation.
- Citric Acid - gentle exfoliating properties to lift discoloration to prevent discoloration and scarring.
Water, Methyl Gluceth-20 (water-binding humectant that facilitates penetration of the acid and alcohol), Ethyl Lactate (Lactic Acid), Ethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol (antimicrobial preservative), Sodium Citrate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin (skin conditioner), Sodium Hydroxide. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Anti Bump Solution to reduce the appearance of cystic acne and blemishes, apply one drop to clean skin as soon as cyst becomes visible. When used in the morning or evening, first perform your regular routine. Next, take a damp tissue or Q-tip and wipe the affected area clean before applying. Anti Bump Solution should be applied as the last step. Use day or night until the bump is no longer visible. This treatment can be effective for older cysts that are still lingering under the skin.
Sunburn Alert: This product contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunburn. Wear sun protection daily and discontinue use prior to spending time directly in the sun.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Anti Bump Solution is 4.4.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- LLynnAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores3 hours agoAge Range 45 - 54My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsWow!
I am in my late 40s and struggle with hormonal chin break outs on a daily basis. This product has completely fixed that problem. I am very pleased!
- JBJoanna B.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34My Skin is OilyYesterdayAge Range 25 - 34My Skin is OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsIt works!
Works great for painful under the skin bumps that take so long to diminish. Anti bump is the only cream I have found without prescription that helps immediately heal and diminish under the skin bumps quicker than anything else I have tried.
- KHKimberly H.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Acne ProneYesterdayAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Acne ProneRated 5 out of 5 starsThe ONLY thing that works for deep cystic acne
Don’t try to pop those deep under the skin bumps that aren’t like regular zits. They rarely come to a head for me.. I use this to slowly shrink them. Once they’re flatter it’s easier to cover with makeup until they’re fully gone. Sometimes this takes weeks, so be patient! Don’t pick at it or it will prolong its healing! I apply this multiple times a day when I have a stubborn acne cyst (thanks peri-menopause!). The only thing that works!
- PSPenny S.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Oily, Tired, Aging, Sun Damaged2 weeks agoAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Oily, Tired, Aging, Sun DamagedRated 5 out of 5 starsIt really works!
I've struggled with cystic chin acne for awhile. When I found this product and started using it I noticed a great difference with it actually stopping the acne in its tracks per say, to clear it up in half the time it used to take. I even use it as a preventative about once a day and I hardly get anymore cystic pimples at all now.
- KPkennedy p.Verified BuyerAge Range Under 18Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Clogged Pores2 weeks agoAge Range Under 18Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat for acne around the chin
cleared up most of my grandsons acne in about a week