Weightless Protection SPF 30
Weightless Protection SPF 30 by Renée Rouleau gives broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection. This formula is lightweight and completely greaseless, making it ideal for sensitive skin and those prone to clogged pores, blackheads and blemishes. This unscented, 2-in-1 sunscreen moisturizer can be used as a daily moisturizer under makeup. It will not leave a chalky, white-ish cast on the skin as many sunscreens can, making it suitable for deeper skin tones. It's fully wearable under primers and foundation makeup and won't ever pill or ball up.
We consider sunscreen to be the most effective anti-aging product available since the #1 cause of premature wrinkles is from daily UV rays. The result? Beautiful and protected skin by Renée Rouleau.
Size: 3 fl oz
"Sun protection is so important. I love this moisturizer."
- SOFIA VERGARA, ACTRESS
Is this sunscreen right for you?
This product is recommended for each of our nine skin types.
Don't know your skin type? Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn how to best care for your skin and get customized product recommendations.
- Neck, chest and ears - important exposed areas to protect from UV rays
- 7.5% Octinoxate - organic absorbing sunscreen
- Zinc Oxide - 7% Micronized Zinc Oxide - UV reflecting physical sunscreen that doesn't leave a white-ish cast on the skin
- 5% Octisalate - organic absorbing sunscreen
- Green Tea - soothing antioxidant
- Licorice Extract - anti-inflammatory for calming sensitivity
"Weightless Protection SPF 30 is a sunscreen that WON'T cause acne."
- COSMOPOLITAN MAGAZINE
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
How it Feels / Smells / Looks
- A lightweight, thin lotion that is white in color and easy to spread, this product is unscented and doesn't have that "sunscreen" smell.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 7%, Octisalate 5%. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Purified Water, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient), PEG-100 Stearate (mild emulsifier/thickener), C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetyl Alcohol (non-drying thickener), Ceteareth-20, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Ascorbic Acid (Vit C), Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol Acetate (Vit E), Camellia Oleifera (Japanese Green Tea) Extract, Chamomile (Anthernis Nobilis) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Gingko Biloba Extract, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How to Use
- To effectively use Weightless Protection SPF 30 to protect your skin from damage: cleanse, tone (leave toner damp) and apply a generous amount to entire face, neck and exposed chest. Proceed with makeup. Use 365 days a year, rain or shine, inside or out as your daily moisturizer. Because this formula is so lightweight, if you find you need more moisture (especially in the winter months), add 1-2 drops of Pro Remedy Oil over the sunscreen.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use this product if I'm pregnant? Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
- Where can I buy this product? Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
- Is this product tested on animals? No.
- What is the pH level of this product? The pH level of Weightless Protection SPF 30 is 7.0.
- Where are your products made? Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
- I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type? Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
- I noticed that this sunscreen uses parabens. Why is that? The one product in our entire line that still uses parabens is our Weightless Protection SPF 30 and this is intentional. Our Weightless Protection SPF 30 is one of our best-selling products due to its lightweight formulation and the greaseless feel it gives to the skin. Since sunscreen is an FDA-approved drug and the process to get a sunscreen approved is very involved, to make any changes is very difficult. When the big debate about parabens came about years ago, we had explored removing them in our sunscreen but anytime you change a recipe of a product, the product will come out differently. If we had changed it to being paraben-free, it would have been heavier feeling on the skin and been more problematic for clogged pores. Renee thought long and hard about this. Is it more important to our customers to have a sunscreen compatible for their skin for every day use, or is the threat of parabens more important? Hands down, our customers told us that keeping the formula the same was what they wanted. (Again, it’s one of our best-sellers and our customers absolutely love it.) As for parabens, is it now widely acknowledged that the original study of parabens that caused the controversy in the first place, had a lot of discrepancies in it. And to this day, despite top researchers actively exploring this ingredient further, no one has been able to uncover anything that points to it being harmful. In fact, when Renee attended a cosmetic chemistry course at UCLA last year, this was a big topic of conversation and companies are looking at bringing parabens back since they got a bad rap unfairly. As for any concern about parabens, there are no shortage of websites that discuss ingredients in both positive and negative lights. We recognize that it can be confusing to decide which source to trust. Renee is a skincare formulator and has to sort through all of this information and also review related scientific studies to determine what she feels is valid. This greatly influences how our company decides what to use in our formulations. We also rely heavily on trusted chemists for guidance. They are experts on ingredients and their related studies. If new studies become available on either cosmetic ingredients’ safety or performance we’re considering using and/or currently use, they promptly inform us. Finally, please know that we don’t cut corners or use poor quality ingredients. Furthermore, we would never sell anything that we wouldn’t use on ourselves. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what’s best, but I hope this helps you make an informed decision. We can assure you, if there was something that was harming the public, we would be on top of it. Our customers’ safety and results are of the utmost importance to us. We’ve proven ourselves trustworthy, which is why we have been in business for over 20 years!
- Your sunscreen contains oxtinoxate. Isn't this ingredient banned in Hawaii for posing a risk of degrading coral reefs when worn while swimming in the ocean? Yes. However, this ban applies to water-resistant beach sunscreens only, which our sunscreen is not. It is a daily use sunscreen for under makeup. Pro tip: When at the beach, wear long-sleeve UV protecting swimwear to lessen sunscreen getting into ocean waters.
- I have questions about my skin, where can I get help? Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!