Moisture Protecting Cleanser
Moisture Protecting Cleanser is a unique gel-to-milk formula for dry, damaged and sensitive skin types to give the most gentle cleansing experience.
Moisture Protecting Cleanser is a luxurious and silky gel-to-milk formula to gently remove makeup and impurities while leaving the skin’s moisture barrier perfectly intact. Delivering a barely-there froth when activated with water, dry skin types will feel comfortably clean without experiencing tightness or irritation associated with many gel cleansers. This sulfate-free cleanser is truly revolutionary and is a must for all dry, sensitive or aging skin types. The result? Beautifully clean, calm and dewy-looking skin.
Size: 6 fl oz
Is this cleanser right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau cleansers.
- Legs - use as a gentle shave gel.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
This cleanser is clear and feels silky and smooth when applied. It smells fresh with a light natural cucumber and melon scent.
- Allantoin - calming and comforting to reduce sensitivity.
- Glycerin - hydrating properties to maintain moisture levels in the skin.
- Aloe Vera Extract - soothing and hydrating.
- Sweet Almond Oil - Sweet Almond Seed Extract - moisturizing properties.
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract - nourishing properties to maintain moisture levels in the skin.
Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Melo Cantalupensis Fruit Extract, Butter Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Rose Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Moisture Protecting Cleanser to clean dry, sensitive and delicate skin, apply a small amount to damp skin. Rub in circular motions for 30 seconds and rinse well with lukewarm water. Pat skin dry and immediately follow with an alcohol-free toner, serum and moisturizer for your skin type.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Moisture Protecting Cleanser is 3.4.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- TQTeresa Q.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64Renée Rouleau Skin Type 6My Skin is Aging, Sun Damaged3 months agoAge Range 55 - 64Renée Rouleau Skin Type 6My Skin is Aging, Sun DamagedRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat cleanser
I really like the consistency of this cleanser. I've been using it for several years. I'm in my early 60's with normal skin. However, I do not use this to remove my makeup. But, it's great for a morning cleanser or on days you don't wear makeup. It rinses well and is not drying.
- SHSally H.Verified BuyerAge Range 65+My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Sun Damaged, Irritated, Dry6 months agoAge Range 65+My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Sun Damaged, Irritated, DryRated 5 out of 5 starsLove it
Been using it for years and love it
- CGCodruta G.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is Sensitive7 months agoAge Range 55 - 64My Skin is SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat cleanser!
My face feels nice and soft after using it! A new favorite from Renee! First time ordering this particular cleanser and I’m not disappointed!
- SMShannon M.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 8My Skin is Dry8 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 8My Skin is DryRated 2 out of 5 starsIt’s ok, definitely nothing special for the price.
This cleanser is VERY watery & ‘slippery’ feeling. I use it as my second cleanse on days I wear makeup following the cleansing emulsion. Even after a second cleanse , there is still some sediment on my toning cloth. I would definitely not recommend this as a stand-alone cleanser to remove makeup or SPF. I don’t necessarily find it moisturizing, but I wouldn’t say it’s stripping either. On a positive note, it’s definitely gentle.Renée Rouleau Skin Care8 months ago
Hey, Shannon! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and share your experience! We're always listening and learning from our customers, and we're sorry that this wasn't the 5-star experience we wanted you to have. I've emailed you personally to help!
I look forward to chatting with you! :)
Customer Advocacy Manager
- AAileenVerified ReviewerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 8My Skin is Dull, Dry, Sun Damaged, Aging, Clogged Pores1 year agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 8My Skin is Dull, Dry, Sun Damaged, Aging, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsBest Make-up Removing Cleanser
I love this cleanser. I use it at night to wash off my mascara. My skin feels clean without feeling overly-dry or irritated.