Dual Enzyme Softening Peel by Renée Rouleau is a natural face mask formulated for red, sensitive and delicate skin types that require non-granular exfoliation. This advanced creamy peel uses natural enzymes of papaya and pineapple to lift uneven discoloration (due to sun, age and blemishes) and smooth away dry cells to restore skin to a fresher and more youthful appearance—without causing irritation. With weekly use, this natural mask will dramatically improve the visible effects of environmental and pigmentation damage while improving the skin’s moisture levels deep within the skin. Retinol and retinoid users will respond favorably to surface enzymatic exfoliation to lessen flakiness and dryness. The result? Bouncy, brighter-looking skin with an exceptionally smooth texture with fewer visible lines and pores.
Size: 1.7 fl oz
Is this exfoliant right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; however, these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau exfoliants.
- Sun-damaged chest - smoothes and removes dryness.
- Under the eyes - softens lines and smoothes away dryness. Follow with eye cream.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
A creamy white paste with a subtle scent of fresh citrus.
- Papain - Papaya Enzyme - fruit-derived exfoliant to lift discoloration and dryness
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) - improves moisture barrier and increases energy to improve firmness
- Pineapple Enzyme (Bromelain) - loosens dull, dry-looking cells
- Vitamin E - Tocopherol - skin-comforting Vitamin E; antioxidant
Water, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Bentonite, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Kaolin, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate (emollient), PEG-100 Stearate (mild emulsifier/thickener), Propanediol, Niacinamide, Maltodextrin, Papain, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Bromelain, Titanium Dioxide, Cetearyl Alcohol (non-drying emulsifier), Polysorbate 80, Phenoxyethanol (antimicrobial preservative), Phytic Acid, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin (skin conditioner) , Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
Unlike acids, enzymes are activated by water and work more slowly to digest cellular buildup so Dual Enzyme Softening Peel will work most effectively when applied to clean, DAMP skin and left on for 15-20 minutes. Use 1-3 times a month, or as needed. If you're using any of our exfoliating acid serums for three nights on, three nights off as recommended for your skin type, you would use the Dual Enzyme Softening Peel once or twice a month during the non-exfoliating nights.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Yes. There are no ingredients in this product deemed unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Dual Enzyme Softening Peel is 6.0.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- PMPam M.Verified BuyerAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 5My Skin is Aging, Sensitive2 weeks agoAge Range 65+Renée Rouleau Skin Type 5My Skin is Aging, SensitiveRated 1 out of 5 starsNot for me
First time with this product. Skin type 5. Applied as directed. Burn feeling immediate red skin overnight burn feeling and sensitive next day.Renée Rouleau Skin Care2 weeks ago
Hi Pam! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Luckily, you're well within the 45-day return window! You can find the return instructions and policy here > https://www.reneerouleau.com/pages/customer-care-return-policy
Although this mask is designed for sensitive skin types, everyone's skin is unique and will have an equally unique response. We always recommend performing a patch test with a new product before using it all over the face. In this blog, Renée explains the ways to test a product for three different reactions > https://blog.reneerouleau.com/patch-test-skincare/
This blog will have several ways to calm and soothe your skin over the next few days > https://blog.reneerouleau.com/calm-facial-skin-irritation-fast/
I would also encourage you to check out this blog, where Renée discusses the four types of skin sensitivity and ways to treat them > https://blog.reneerouleau.com/sensitive-skin-types-and-their-causes/
Our esthetician will also be following up with you via email to learn more about your routine and provide additional assistance, so please keep an eye on your inbox!
-The RR Customer Care Team 💙
- CDCharlotte D.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Tired, Dry2 weeks agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Tired, DryRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat stuff!
I was avoiding exfoliants for a long time because I have sensitive and acne prone skin, and most exfoliants made me breakout. The first time I used this, my face felt softer and was brighter. Bonus: my makeup applied so much nicer after using this mask. 10/10 would recommend!
- MHMonique H.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 5My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Sun Damaged6 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 5My Skin is Aging, Sensitive, Sun DamagedRated 5 out of 5 starsBest at home peel!
I’m a skin type 5 and have been using the dual enzyme peel for two years now. It’s the best one I’ve tried yet. My skin feels so soft and fresh afterwards. It doesn’t irritate my skin but if I do get a little red, I use the bio calm mask afterwards and I feel like I just left the spa!
- DDeeVerified ReviewerAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Irritated1 year agoAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, IrritatedRated 5 out of 5 starsBaby soft skin
This mask is my favorite for my mid-40’s skin AND perfect for my 13 yr old daughter’s acne. It calms and soothes and brightens for a flawless, dewy glow. Love it!
- SPSue pefferlyVerified ReviewerAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Red, Irritated, Sun Damaged, Acne Prone, Sensitive1 year agoAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Red, Irritated, Sun Damaged, Acne Prone, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsAmazing product!
My skin is super sensitive, so I started using this as an exfoliation mask once a week. I apply it at the end of my shower, and then wait 15 minutes, rinse off and finish out my morning routine. My skin looks and feels so soft and smooth afterwards with no irritation like I get with physical exfoliation. I don’t know how I ever lived without this product!