Effective Date: 10/27/2021
- “California Consumer Privacy Act (‘CCPA’)” means the California statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California, United States.
- “General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’)” means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
- “Personal Data” under the GDPR means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- “Account” means a Registered User’s optional account with the Website.
- “Customer” means any User that places a purchase through the Website, but elects to not create an optional Account.
- “Registered User(s)” means any User that has signed up for email communications; taken the Skin Type Quiz; and/or created an optional Account. Registered Users may also make purchases through the Website.
- “User(s)” means all individuals that visit and access the website, including Customers and Registered Users.
- “You / Your / You’re” means User(s).
Types of Personal Information We Collect.
Renée Rouleau may collect the following Personal Information from all Registered Users who either take the Skin Type Quiz, contact Renée Rouleau seeking more information, and/or create an optional Account:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Billing address;
- Shipping address;
- Account login information, such as username and password;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to the Website directly or indirectly.
Renée Rouleau collects the following Personal Information from all Customers who make purchases through the Website:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Billing address;
- Shipping address;
- Any other information that you upload or submit to the Website directly or indirectly.
In addition, Renée Rouleau collects the following Personal Information from all Users:
- Your geolocation;
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your device information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of the Website, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked, or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
Sources of Personal Information Collection.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
|Type of Cookie||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)||Required – or strictly necessary – cookies enable you to navigate the Website and use its features.
|Because required cookies are essential to operate the Website there is no option to opt out of these cookies.|
|Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||Functional – or non-strictly necessary cookies – allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, including results to your Skin Type Quiz, and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how our Website is used, including the number of visitors, where the website visitors have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by us to improve our Website.
|To manage the use of functional cookies on the Website, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Website.
To learn more about safeguarding your data for websites using Google Analytics, visit here. To opt of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
To learn more about how Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Website visit here.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
Targeting or Advertising Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)
|We use Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on or getting to the Website. Google Analytics specifically allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
We may also use Google AdWords as a tool to acquire relevant new Users who are looking for our service and Google AdSense to show our Users other relevant advertising that may assist them while they are using our site.
We may also use advertising cookies through Doubleclick, Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp, Pinterest, Rakuten, Viralsweep, YouTube, and TikTok.
To learn more about how our other third-party tools utilized cookies for targeted advertising, visit the respective cookie policies below:
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Information
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Information for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; the processing is required for us to comply with legal obligations; and/or the processing is in our legitimate interest of providing you with information related to skin types and providing skin care products.
How Renée Rouleau Uses Your Personal Information.
We use your Personal Information based upon the legal basis of Users’ consent to provide you with the Website, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Website, and update you regarding changes to the Website and the Renée Rouleau and third-party services offered through the Website.
By using the Website, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Information:
- Enable your use of the Website and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or messages within the Website;
- Customize and/or tailor the Website and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third-party advertisements within the Website;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of Renée Rouleau;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Website;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same, where applicable;
- For internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, customer interest, purchasing, and other trends among Users;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning Renée Rouleau’s benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers with you, including through text message;
- Process payments;
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other Renée Rouleau applications and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of the Website and upgrades/replacements to the Website.
Sharing of Your Personal Information.
Renée Rouleau Shares Your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Where Renée Rouleau has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to provide you with the Website, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third-parties who assist us in operating the Website, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Facebook and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with Renée Rouleau’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where Renée Rouleau has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Information is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of Renée Rouleau;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Information is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where Renée Rouleau is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
Renée Rouleau Shares Your Personal Information With the Following Third-Parties:
SMS/MMS Mobile Message Marketing Program.
Renée Rouleau allows Users to opt-in to a SMS/MMS Mobile Marketing Program (the “Program”). With your permission, Renée Rouleau may send text messages about our store, products, other updates, and checkout reminders. Renée Rouleau will only use phone number information that Users provide directly to the Website. Renée Rouleau does not sell, rent, loan, trade, lease, or otherwise transfer for profit any phone number collected through the Website to any third-party.
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with Renée Rouleau have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Information pursuant to the GDPR and CCPA and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if Renée Rouleau deletes your Personal Information that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. Renée Rouleau has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Information collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by Renée Rouleau to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
Renée Rouleau may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Renée Rouleau has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
Personal Information Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Information is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Website, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Information and personally identifiable information. However, our hosting providers may use Content Delivery Networks (“CDNs”) for faster access closest to wherever the User is located, meaning that your Personal Information may be stored globally for different amounts of time depending upon the hosting provider’s settings. You understand that your Personal Information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Information to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Information to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Information in the United States.
Website Users understand and agree that if they provide Renée Rouleau with Personal Information that it is stored indefinitely, unless the User contacts Renée Rouleau to have their Personal Information removed from storage. As specified above, even if Renée Rouleau deletes your Personal Information from its own serves, it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. You should consult with those third-parties in the event you would like Personal Information deleted therefrom.
Personal Information Security.
Renée Rouleau uses standard technology to store and help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no website, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
In order to protect your Personal Information, Renée Rouleau uses specific security measures, such Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information you input at 128-bit strength. This is denoted in most web browsers by a small padlock appearing on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, indicating a secure connection.
EU Users’ Rights Under the GDPR.
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Website. Accordingly, Renée Rouleau recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
California Users’ Rights.
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that Renée Rouleau disclose what Personal Information of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
- Right to Have Personal Information Deleted: You have the right to request that Renée Rouleau delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: Renée Rouleau does not sell Personal Information. You have the right to opt-out of Renée Rouleau’s sale of your Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: Renée Rouleau shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, you may submit a request to Renée Rouleau by contacting Renée Rouleau at email@example.com.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that Renée Rouleau has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Renée Rouleau at the address below.
Purchase or Sale of the Website or Other Assets.
How To Stop Renée Rouleau from collecting your Personal Information.
You can stop Renée Rouleau from collecting your Personal Information by contacting Renée Rouleau at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting that Renée Rouleau stop collecting your Personal Information. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Website. You may contact Renée Rouleau with any requests regarding your Personal Information. Renée Rouleau also honors Do Not Track requests and signals.
When using the Website, you are obligated to inform Renée Rouleau of any changes to your Personal Information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
The Website is not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Renée Rouleau does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, Renée Rouleau takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Website or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Renée Rouleau, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Renée Rouleau’s database.
Contact and Notices.
Renée Rouleau, Inc.
11100 Metric Blvd #150
Austin, TX, 78758