Rapid Response Detox Kit
Rapid Response Detox Kit has four problem-solving products that go to work quickly to target bumps and breakouts for clearer, calmer-looking skin. Perfect for trial or travel!
PROBLEM: Blemishes have shown up seemingly out of nowhere, and you want them to go away fast but aren’t sure how to adjust your routine.
SOLUTION: Temporarily switch up your current routine and reset your skin with the Rapid Response Detox Kit! Calm your skin and get it back in the clear, all while preventing new blemishes from appearing.
This collection will keep you one step ahead of your breakouts during times of increased breakout activity. All four products work synergistically to quickly target blemishes caused by hormonal imbalances, pollution, travel, stress or any other occurrence. They restore your skin’s microbial balance to encourage an overall healthier ecosystem where bacteria don't have the opportunity to thrive. The result? Skin that looks clearer, acts calmer and recovers quickly from blemishes and post-breakout marks.
Questions about how to use this kit in your routine? Scroll down to our How To Use and FAQs sections below for all the answers.
To treat individual blemishes, we highly recommend using the four powerful spot treatments in our Zit Care Kit. It is a must-have companion to the Rapid Response Detox Kit to encourage clearer skin.
This Collection Includes
- 1 oz size of Triple Berry Smoothing Peel (This is smaller than our regular retail size)
- 1 oz size of Rapid Response Detox Masque (This is smaller than our regular retail size)
- 2.5 oz of Rapid Response Detox Cleanser (full retail size available)
- 2.5 oz of Rapid Response Detox Toner (full retail size available)
- Detailed, step-by-step instructions for usage. For additional details and info, scroll down to the How To Use and FAQs sections
- A clear, zipped bag to hold all the contents
NOTE: Because all kits are pre-assembled, we are unable to make substitutions.
Are These Products Right For You?
These products are suitable for all skin types and can be used whenever or wherever blemishes appear. Looking for more products to prevent blemishes and keep your skin clear? Take our Skin Type Quiz to get personalized product recommendations.
- SD Alcohol 40 / Denatured Alcohol
- Synthetic Dyes
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
TRIPLE BERRY SMOOTHING PEEL: Red in color, this creamy gel contains pieces of berry seeds and smells just like raspberry jam. Since we don't use synthetic dyes in our natural product formulas, each batch may vary in color.
RAPID RESPONSE DETOX MASQUE:A shimmery golden yellow color, this gel feels cooling when applied to the skin. The natural scent is a blend of minty tea tree with a hint of tangerine.
- Bioecolia® (Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide) - a prebiotic (bio-fermented polysaccharide) that prevents the proliferation of harmful microorganisms and boosts the growth of beneficial ones. This encourages our own skin to produce a better supply of antimicrobial peptides to help balance the skin and promote healthier flora.
- Tea Tree Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil - eliminates surface bacteria within five minutes of application to discourage the formation of blemishes.
- Tea Tree Oil - Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil - reduces microbial population on the skin’s surface to minimize breakouts.
- Kaolin - a mineral clay that absorbs and minimizes excess oil. This prevents breakouts that can be caused by travel, hormonal imbalances, increased exposure to traffic pollution, stress or any other occurrence that causes our oil glands to become overactive and/or sebum to become thicker.
- Glycerin - moisture-binding humectant to prevent flaking and allow the skin to remain hydrated and moist for proper function.
- Panthenol - moisture-binding humectant to reduce trans-epidermal water loss. Anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Mandelic, Phytic, and Tartaric Acids - exfoliating and smoothing AHAs to combat clogged pores and breakouts
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate — A derivative of azelaic acid that addresses uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and post-breakouts marks.
RAPID RESPONSE DETOX CLEANSER: Water, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Kaolin, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Bentonite, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, Lactic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Galactoarabinan, Propanediol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Xanthan Gum, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Artemisia Herba-Alba Oil, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides / CI 77492
- RAPID RESPONSE DETOX TONER: Water, Propanediol, Betaine Salicylate (Salicylic Acid Complex), Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract/Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Leaf Extract, Lactic Acid, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, 4-Terpineol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 80, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Seed Extract
How To Use
- Rapid Response Detox Cleanser: Use in place of your regular cleanser both morning and night. Apply a small amount to damp skin and massage in circular motions. Rinse well with lukewarm water. During times of increased breakout activity, leave on for five minutes before rinsing off for maximum anti-bacterial action. Avoid the eye area.
- Rapid Response Detox Masque: At night after cleansing, apply a thin layer to entire face, or just to areas prone to breakouts, and leave on a minimum of five minutes for maximum anti-bacterial action. Rinse well and follow with toner.
- Rapid Response Detox Toner: Use in place of your regular toner both morning and night. Apply to toning cloth and wipe over entire face. Leave damp and immediately follow with your normal serum and moisturizer. *This toner is fairly active so if your skin is particularly sensitive or you are not very oily, use it less often.
- Triple Berry Smoothing Peel: Once a week after cleansing, apply a thin layer to the entire face. After 5-10 minutes, rinse well and pat dry. Immediately follow with an application of Rapid Response Detox Masque.
- Questions on usage? We have all your answers in our FAQs below!
- Need more help? Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care Team for expert advice.
There are three Rapid Response Detox products in the collection. How do they all differ?
All Rapid Response Detox products contain the actives Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil and Tea Tree. However, each product has unique features and a specific purpose.
The cleanser cleans away dirt, light makeup and oil and provides antimicrobial properties. It also has more of an oil-absorbing focus, which is essential during the cleansing process. Has a pH of 5.0.
The toner offers an unclogging, blackhead-clearing effect and is antimicrobial. The addition of a prebiotic promotes healthier bacteria to keep skin acting clear and calm. Has a pH of 4.1.
The masque treats the skin to a full, antimicrobial reset along with delivering deep hydration to cool and calm surface redness and irritation. Has a pH of 5.6.
What gives the cleanser its yellow color?
We don’t use synthetic dyes. The yellow color is predominantly obtained with titanium dioxide based pigments, and is intensified by iron oxides.
What gives the mask its yellow color?
We don’t use synthetic dyes. The yellow is from the chinese licorice (lichocalcone).
Why did you choose to use prebiotics in the toner rather than probiotics?
We chose to use prebiotics instead of probiotics in order to ensure a safe and effective product. Using probiotics in skincare can be risky because you’re adding live microbes to a product, which can be difficult to control for. Prebiotics still positively affect your skin’s microbiome without the risks and challenges associated with preservation and storage of live microbes.
My nose (or corners of my nose) is getting a little dry and flaky since I started using these products.
Is this normal?
Yes, it can be. The nose can get dry and red more easily than other areas of the face because the skin is so thin. Often times, it can be from exfoliants. If you're experiencing this, we suggest you avoid using the toner and Triple Berry Smoothing Peel on or around the nose and see if it improves. Read more about how to get rid of dryness on the nose.
My skin is getting a bit dry and flaky since I started using these products. Is this normal?
The Rapid Response Detox Toner is the most "potent" of the four products, so you might consider backing off of that.
Let’s say my breakouts are only on a certain area of my face, like my chin or cheeks. Can I use all of these products on areas where no blemishes are present?
Yes. All four products are perfectly suitable to be used all over the face and work to prevent as well as treat breakouts. The three products in the Rapid Response Collection are formulated to not dry out the skin or disrupt its barrier function, allowing the skin to remain hydrated and healthy. Triple Berry Smoothing Peel will provide the exfoliation needed to dramatically smooth away dullness and discoloration, which will reveal smoother, brighter-looking skin. Of the four products in the kit, Triple Berry Smoothing Peel should always remain a staple in your skincare routine because it addresses all age-related concerns.
Which skin types can use this kit?
Generally, it will be best for skin types 1, 2, 3 or 4 since these are people who have oily, combo and blemish-prone skin. However, any of our nine skin types will benefit from this kit, assuming breakout activity is a concern. If you have dry skin, such as skin types 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9, then it is best to use the cleanser and toner in this kit only on areas where breakouts are present.
Will my skin purge (start breaking out more) when I first start using these products?
Breakouts should typically not increase, especially if you're regularly exfoliating your skin. However, everyone's skin can respond differently. Exfoliating products (such as Triple Berry Smoothing Peel and Rapid Response Detox Toner) remove surface skin cells, which allows blockages inside the skin to come to the surface. This could possibly result in a purging effect. Typically, the purging should subside within 2-4 weeks, making way for clearer, smoother skin.
Should I keep using these products once my blemishes are gone or should I transition back to my regular routine?
While these products can remain staples in your everyday routine to keep breakouts away, you can also scale them back as needed. The products in this kit are formulated specifically to work together to address the needs of breakout-prone skin. If anti-aging is a concern for you, you’ll also want to use products that address this concern so your skin gets a variety of benefits. Once your breakouts are under control, it’s up to you which of the products in the kit you continue to use. For instance, you might go back to using your regular cleanser and toner but still use the Rapid Response Detox Masque and Triple Berry Smoothing Peel once a week for maintenance. Or, you might decide to just use the Rapid Response Detox Cleanser as your nighttime cleanser. Experiment and see what works best for you.
Will any products in the Rapid Response Detox Kit make my skin sensitive to the sun?
Perhaps slightly. Anytime you exfoliate the skin with an acid exfoliator like Triple Berry Smoothing Peel, it will reveal fresh, new cells that are more susceptible to damage. You should always wear sunscreen and practice sun safety, but as long as you're doing that, you should be just fine.
Can I still use my exfoliating acid serum while using the Rapid Response Detox Kit?
Yes, you can. However, it is always important to listen to your skin. If you're feeling a bit tight or dry after introducing the products in the kit, you might want to back off of your acid serum for the time being and let the products in the kit work their magic to clear current breakouts.
What is the acid percentage in the Rapid Response Detox Cleanser?
0.75% lactic acid.
What is the acid percentage in the Rapid Response Detox Toner?
2% Betaine Salicylate (a Salicylic Acid complex) and 0.3% lactic acid.
Should I make any other changes to my skincare routine while I'm using the kit?
No, you shouldn't have to. You are simply swapping out your current cleanser, toner, peel and mask to put the brakes on your breakouts. Once things are cleared up, you can go back to your normal routine if you would like.
Are any of the items in the kit sold separately?
Not at this time.
Can I purchase Rapid Response Detox Cleanser and Rapid Response Detox Toner in full retail sizes?
Yes, both the Rapid Response Detox Cleanser and Rapid Response Detox Toner are available in full retail sizes.
Are these products tested on animals?
Can I use these products if I'm pregnant?
Three of the four products in this kit contain salicylic acid, which some doctors suggest avoiding during pregnancy. Of the four products, the Rapid Response Detox Cleanser CAN be used during pregnancy, since it does not contain salicylic acid.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- BMBonnie M.Verified BuyerAge Range 55 - 64Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Sun Damaged, Aging2 weeks agoAge Range 55 - 64Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Sun Damaged, AgingRated 5 out of 5 starsMust-have!
These are my go-to products and this set is travel-sized so I’m never without my essentials.
- NNNyia N.Verified ReviewerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Clogged Pores, Oily1 year agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Clogged Pores, OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsLove
Was so happy the day this kit came out! It filled a major need in the skincare world and each product is unparalleled. When I travel, I don’t have to think twice or bring the regular sized products in the kit. I throw this in and have no anxiety cause I know whatever happens with my skin, the kit will fix it and give it a clean slate. There’s such freedom in that.