Rapid Response Detox Cleanser
Rapid Response Detox Cleanser by Renée Rouleau gently clears away surface bacteria and oil within the pores to target early breakouts and minimize their appearance.
Rapid Response Detox Cleanser by Renée Rouleau is formulated with a gentle yet powerful blend of antibacterial and oil-minimizing ingredients. This cleanser targets breakouts in their early stages, whether they are caused by hormonal imbalances, pollution, stress or any other occurrence. Unlike most acne-fighting cleansers, this one won't dry out your skin. The result? Skin will be reset and perfectly balanced, and blemishes and oil activity will be decreased.
For maximum results, leave this cleanser on the skin for up to five minutes. The longer a product with antimicrobial ingredients is left on the skin, the more pronounced the effects will be.
Pair with Rapid Response Detox Toner for even more acne-fighting benefits. You can also take this to the next level and add the Rapid Response Detox Masque, the product that started the whole line. The Rapid Response Detox Masque is very effective for preventing the appearance of all types breakouts, including cysts, pustules, papules, and monthly hormonal blemishes. All three are included in our Rapid Response Detox Kit.
Size: 6 fl oz
Is this cleanser right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for specific skin types; these recommendations are meant to serve as a guide, not as rules. If this product sounds right for you, we encourage you to try it!
See all Renée Rouleau cleansers.
- Back and body acne - clears clogged pores and lifts away post-breakout discoloration.
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohols
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
A hybrid between a cleansing lotion and cleansing gel. Yellow in color with a minty, tea tree scent.
- Kaolin - mineral clay that absorbs and minimizes excess oiliness to prevent breakouts caused by travel, hormonal imbalances, increased exposure to traffic pollution, stress or any other occurrence that causes our oil glands to become overactive.
- Tea Tree Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil - eliminates surface bacteria within five minutes of application to discourage the formation of blemishes.
- Tea Tree Oil - Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil - reduces microbial activity on the skin’s surface to minimize breakouts.
- Glycerin - moisture-binding humectant that prevents flaking and allows skin to remain hydrated and moist for its proper function.
- Lactic Acid - alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that provides a gentle exfoliation to break down dead cells that can lead to clogged pores.
Water, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Hydroxyproply Starch Phosphate, Kaolin, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Panthenol, Bentonite, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, Lactic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Galactoarabinan, Propanediol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Xanthan Gum, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Artemisia Herba-Alba Oil, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides / CI 77492. To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Rapid Response Detox Cleanser to lessen blemish activity, apply a small amount to damp skin and massage in circular motions. Rinse well with lukewarm water and follow with toner. During times of increased breakout activity, leave cleanser on for five minutes before rinsing off to get maximum effects. Use daily. Avoid the eye area.
How does this cleanser differ from the Rapid Response Detox Masque?
Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil and Tea Tree are the two ingredients that Rapid Response Detox Masque and this cleanser have in common. The masque was created as a leave-on treatment to force active ingredients deeper into the skin while simultaneously providing hydration, whereas the cleanser's main purpose is to cleanse away dirt, oil and debris from the skin.
Where does the yellow color come from?
It is from a specially treated form of yellow iron oxides.
What is the acid percentage in this cleanser?
0.75% lactic acid.
Can I use this product if I’m pregnant?
Yes. You can safely use this cleanser while pregnant or breastfeeding to keep blemishes from appearing.
Is this product vegan?
Yes, Rapid Response Detox Cleanser is vegan.
Can I use this product if I have rosacea?
Yes. This formula can be tolerated well by those who have been diagnosed with mild rosacea.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Rapid Response Detox Cleanser is 5.0.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice! You can also schedule a virtual consultation with one of our experienced estheticians.
- KPkennedy p.Verified BuyerAge Range Under 18Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Clogged Pores2 days agoAge Range Under 18Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive, Clogged PoresRated 5 out of 5 starsGreat skin cleanser
Love all the renee rouleau products. cleanser is great
- SLShelby L.Verified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Sensitive1 month agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsPerfect for dehydrated acne prone skin
I love this cleanser! I noticed it reducing my breakouts right away, but I noticed a bigger difference when I left it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off. I never feel dry after using it and its very effective.
- KRKerri R.Verified BuyerAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Aging, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone, Sun Damaged3 months agoAge Range 45 - 54Renée Rouleau Skin Type 3My Skin is Aging, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone, Sun DamagedRated 5 out of 5 starsLove, love, love!
Couldn't love this creamy cleanser more! In the process of using it for about six months, my 46 year old skin is as clean and clog free as it has ever been. The cleanser smells good, removes make-up well and doesn't leave any residue. I couldn't recommend it more for acne prone, aging skin!
- ASAnishka S.Verified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Red, Acne Prone, Sensitive, Oily4 months agoAge Range 35 - 44My Skin is Red, Acne Prone, Sensitive, OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsBlew my mind
I've been using this cleanser at night. Usually I would get 3 or 4 whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead. Now after only a week, I have gotten 2 over the course of the week. This is just amazing.
- AAmandaVerified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 5My Skin is Aging, Red, Acne Prone4 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 5My Skin is Aging, Red, Acne ProneRated 5 out of 5 starsLove this!
One of my all time favorite cleansers - I use this once or twice a week or whenever I feel a breakout coming on!