Rapid Response Detox Masque by Renée Rouleau is an award-winning acne treatment that quickly rids bacteria and oil from deep within pores to prevent and clear away blemishes while instantly calming surface redness and irritation. When used at the first signs of breakouts or a few days before your monthly cycle, this groundbreaking anti-inflammatory gel face masque for acne will effectively disrupt the visible blemish cycle to encourage smoother skin with fewer noticeable bumps. The result? Calmer, clearer, more even-toned skin by Renee Rouleau.
For maximum results, prior to using this masque, remove surface cellular buildup with an exfoliant like Triple Berry Smoothing Peel.This will ensure the pore-clearing, blemish-fighting ingredients penetrate deep within the skin's surface. For clearing stubborn chin and jawline breakouts fast and preventing new ones from appearing, we suggest using our Chin Breakout Treatment Kit: a combo of our two best hormonal breakout-busting products. We offer the Rapid Response and Triple Berry as a set with our Rapid/Peel Duo. For maintenance, it's best to use an exfoliating serum like BHA Clarifying Serum or Pore + Wrinkle Perfecting Serum a few times a week in the evening to keep the skin even-toned and prevent the pores from getting congested.
Shop our Zit Care Kit, complete with everything you need to tackle blemishes at every stage.
Size: 1.7 fl oz
Is this masque right for you?
Take our Skin Type Quiz to learn which products are recommended for your skin.
NOTE: The results of the quiz recommend this product for skin types 1, 3, and 4; however, it can be used by anyone who struggles with blemishes and sensitivity.
See all Renée Rouleau masques.
- Pre-menstrual acne - calms skin and removes bacteria to prevent visible monthly hormonal breakouts from appearing (read more at the bottom of this page).
- Post-flight - reprograms the skin to bring it back into a healthy balance.
- Post-party puffiness - quickly cools and calms irritated skin.
- Post-waxing - helps to soothe irritation and prevent blemishes.
- Read many other uses for Rapid Response Detox Masque
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Drying Alcohol
- Mineral Oil
Vegan. Never tested on animals.
Feel / Smell / Look
A shimmery golden yellow color, this gel feels cooling when applied to the skin. The natural scent is a blend of minty tea tree with a hint of tangerine.
- Tea Tree Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil -known to fight bacteria to reduce breakouts.
- Tea Tree Oil - Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Branch/Leaf Oil - known to interrupt the breakout cycle caused by bacteria.
- 2% Salicylic Acid Complex - Betaine Salicylate - exfoliating BHA to reduce oil/bacteria deep within the pores with an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Allantoin - soothing and calming.
- Sodium Hyaluronate - delivers deep hydration.
Water, Panthenol, Betaine Salicylate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Trehalose, Allantoin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Leptospermum Scoparium Branch/Leaf Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Artemisia Herba-Alba Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Rubus Ideas (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Blackcurrant) Leaf Extract, Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Caramel, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides / CI 77491, Tin Oxide To learn more about choosing a product based on its ingredients, read this post.
How To Use
To effectively use Rapid Response Detox Masque to instantly calm the skin and clear away blemishes, apply a thin layer on clean skin. Leave on 15 minutes, rinse well, and follow with your favorite Renée Rouleau serum and moisturizer. Use once a week. For maximum results, exfoliate your skin with Triple Berry Smoothing Peel prior to applying masque. For an extra cooling and soothing effect, put masque in refrigerator one hour prior to use. Read other ways to use Rapid Response Detox Masque.
- This mask can also be used after cleansing in the evening and left on for five minutes before proceeding with your regular nighttime routine.
- Did You Know? Just before the start of a woman's cycle, there is more progesterone in the skin causing water retention resulting in the skin appearing more puffy. When this occurs, it puts pressure on the pores and creates a narrower pore lining. Additionally, oil can get thicker because of the imbalance of hormones and increase of testosterone during the pre-period hormonal shift. When you have thicker oil trying to get through a narrower opening, this is creates an environment within the skin where breakouts can now begin. Rapid Response Detox Masque is the perfect solution to use daily a few days before the start of your cycle.
Can I use this product if I'm pregnant?
Probably not. This product contains a form of salicylic acid, which many doctors suggest avoiding during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for their recommendation.
Where can I buy this product?
Our products are sold exclusively at ReneeRouleau.com.
Is this product tested on animals?
What is the pH level of this product?
The pH level of Rapid Response Detox Masque is 5.6
What gives the masque its yellow color?
We don't use any synthetic dyes. The golden yellow color comes from a combination of Bixa Orellana Seed Extract and Caramel.
Where are your products made?
Our products are manufactured in the U.S. and Canada.
I took your Skin Type Quiz and was wondering if I can use products that weren't specified for my skin type?
Yes. While the skin type product recommendations are carefully selected for the needs of a specific type of skin to give the best results, many people will modify their routine with other products as needed.
I have questions about my skin, where can I get help?
Email us and we would be happy to provide expert advice!
- CColleenVerified BuyerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 7My Skin is Irritated, Sun Damaged, Acne Prone, Sensitive, Oily2 weeks agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 7My Skin is Irritated, Sun Damaged, Acne Prone, Sensitive, OilyRated 5 out of 5 starsCalm & Collected
I use this masque every single night when I wash my face. I have incredibly sensitive and acne prone skin, but this masque helps keep all of that in check. It noticeably reduces the amount of oil production and helps clear redness and irritation. I also love that it helps calm the skin down after too much sun. Bonus is that it feels cool and calming when you put it on!
- KYKelly Y.Verified BuyerAge Range 18 - 24Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Red, Clogged Pores, Sensitive, Irritated3 weeks agoAge Range 18 - 24Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Red, Clogged Pores, Sensitive, IrritatedRated 5 out of 5 starsAMAZING!!!!
Used this constantly for 2 weeks and I can tell such a difference. It’s the bomb!! Would totally buy again!
- NNatashaVerified ReviewerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged Pores3 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Acne Prone, Clogged PoresRated 4 out of 5 starsStrange smell…
Can’t tell if it’s helping me yet as I’m in the midst of a weeks long breakout (which is why I bought it). Came to the reviews to see if anyone else noted an off- smell and there is a recent reviewer who seems to be getting the same scent as me: like mildew almost or something that’s been wet too long. I’m not usually sensitive to smells or offended by the various scents of products but this makes me wonder if something is wrong with it.
- HMHeather M.Verified ReviewerAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 9My Skin is Red, Dry, Sensitive4 months agoAge Range 35 - 44Renée Rouleau Skin Type 9My Skin is Red, Dry, SensitiveRated 4 out of 5 starsWorks well
This mask is great! One star down because for some reason it smells like wet dog to me. After using it the first time, I scaled the reviews and no one else seems to be bothered, but this is a stinky masque.
- FFrankVerified BuyerAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Oily, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone, Sensitive5 months agoAge Range 25 - 34Renée Rouleau Skin Type 4My Skin is Oily, Clogged Pores, Acne Prone, SensitiveRated 5 out of 5 starsJust buy it
This mask!!! 🤩🤩🤩 I literally never write reviews but I just bought my maybe 4th? one of these masks and y’all… I live for this mask. I’ve been using it for maybe 3-4 and it is one of the only products I’ve ever found that can clear my skin in days. Without this mask I’m a skin type 4 but when I use this 2-3x/week at night to keep my skin clear I test like a 6 (IYKYK). This is a GAME changer esp if you’re a psycho like me trying out prescription retinoids. Just buy it y’all.